Maestro! provides the following links for your convenience.
Please note that the organizations below do not endorse Maestro!,
its services, or products, and Maestro! does not endorse or control
the content of their websites or the services they offer.
Air travel related resources
- Check my Trip — Useful website for viewing and storing travel itineraries created with Star Alliance airlines and other 'Amadeus' based airlines. You can create a profile and store your itineraries part, present & future.
- Flight View — an excellent website offering state of the art 'realtime' flight tracking
- My Lost Bag! — lost baggage tracing portal for several major airlines
- Seat Guru — A excellent travel resource to enable clients to choose seats and view aircraft layouts
Hotel resources and recommendations
- Japanese Guest Houses — For anyone interested in staying in a traditional Japanese guest house (ryokan) this is an excellent resource
- Tripadvisor — One of the web's most visited sites for customer rated reviews of hotels worldwide
- In Your Pocket — In your pocket is a a publisher of locally produced city guides for numerous destinations.
Travel related articles and blogs
- Unmissable commentary on the world of travel & style — Tyler Brûlé is Editor-in-Chief of Monocle Magazine and creator of the 'Fast Lane' column in the Weekend FT.
For the road-warrior (and couch potato) Tyler provides a weekly view of what's new, what's irritating, what's hot (and what's not) in the world of travel & style!
Miscellaneous travel resources
- Avanti Travel Insurance — excellent value insurance for travellers up to 75 years of age.
Avanti were rated as a 'Best Buy policy' in the Which? 2010 travel insurance review.
Which? collected over 3,500 quotes from almost 200 different providers and awarded Avanti Travel Insurance Best Buy status in terms of price and cover for customers aged 65-69 years and those aged 80 and above.
Contact 0800 066 5604
- Japan Railways timetable — excellent resource with timetables and costings for all Japan rail connections (including local and Shinkansen services)
- Well Travelled Clinics — Excellent 'travel health & vaccination' advisory service provided by the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- US Visa Waiver Program - electronic Travel Authorisation — The US Government have announced new measures that require ALL travellers wishing to use the Visa Waiver Program to register at least 72 hours in advance of travel and receive an electronic 'Travel Authorisation' prior to departure. From September 2010 you are required to pay a fee of US$14 during the enrollment process.